Thursday, January 24, 2008

Past Customs - Lion-O



This was my first custom Munny, and really proved to me how much fun this body was to work with. I was a huge Thundercats fan as a kid, and Lion-O was the first thing I thought of when I looked at the blank fig. Here are a couple work notes: The hair is Paper Clay over a aluminum foil base. Sculpey was going to was too heavy. The eyes are water slide decals that I drew in Illustrator, same with the belt buckle. The piping on the costume is 3-d using some plastic wire material. Really made the top pop. I really like how this guy turned out, and he was entered in the first KidRobot Munny Makin' Contest. I may not have won, but I did warrant first page billing. He was also entered in the Munny Contest as Elite Comics in Overland Park, KS, and blew away the competition there. I used the $50 to buy another couple Munnys. Enjoy.

No comments: