Friday, January 25, 2008

Vinyl Review - Zoomies


Released earlier this month, the Zoomies line has been a nice new product for KidRobot. Another addition to their Blind Box assortment, this line is more character driven than some of their previous entries. I picked a couple up this past week, and have to say that I was both impressed, and let down at the same time. It might have been from a lack of research, but I thought these guys would come with both a figure and a car of some sort. That's where I was wrong. It's either or, which is okay, but a bit of a let down. I picked up the coffee cup, and the snail, neither of which were really on my wish list, but that's the beauty of blind box. I did check out a couple of the other figs that were pulled while I was at Elite, so I had the chance to really get a feel for the line. First off, I really like the character design on these guys. Nice and simple, but with a definite uniqueness. The sclupts are really sharp, and I have to say that I was pleasantly suprised to see that the hats, and goggles, and what not, were accessories, and not part of the sculpt. That was an added plus. Most of the figs look to come with an accessory of some sort, but nothing really sexy. I think my fave of the line is the Rhino - Edward, and I've already got a trade lined up for him. Overall, this was a neat little set, but probably not something I'm going to gather gobs of. I'll give them a 3.5/5. To learn more, check out http://www.kidrobot.com/products2.cfm?ID=5155.

No comments: